Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 05, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!...Oh, wait…nope, not yet.

January 1, 2012 (01:07 am): New Year. What's so great about it anyway? We
wait a whole year, piling sooo much hope on this one, single night, and
more often than not, it doesn't live up to it. This new year has been a
little like that, but being the optimist I am , I can't, won't let this
night be seen as a complete failure…just a bit of a flop, I guess. So,
without further ado, HEEEERE'S 'WHY'-
When you decide to do a flash mob on New Year's Eve at exactly 00:00 am,
my advice? Check your equipment (and yes, that DOES include your
choreographer and the dancers) a 100 times over, lest SOMEBODY forgets a
stereo here, or a song there. So, that's my New Year story; I planned a
flash mob and it failed…miserably.
While it's true that not everything was my fault, I guess that sometimes,
you just have to step down and accept defeat. So after about ten sprints
back and forth to make it happen, the time had passed and I found myself
alone on New Year, looking for a stereo and pushing for something that
wouldn't happen anyway.
Now, you're probably wondering, she botched it; why write about it? Well,
(in my wisest voice) despite ALL this, my New Year's Eve had its moments.
For one, its helping me find the answer to the BIG QUESTION, hanging over
all our minds 'Is there a GOD?' Let me say, as a reformed atheist, there
is. It's my friend, the one who FINALLY got me the music I needed, just
when I started losing all hope. He ran in with it and smiling, he
said….uh,
he said….well, I don't really remember what he said, but that's not
important- he got me the tunes, and that's all that matters. Of course,
it's also helping me decide what kind of job I might do in the future- NOT
EVENT MANAGEMENT!! And, I made my token silly resolution- to wink at my
roommate EVERY morning. By the end of the night, I felt that maybe, just
maybe, I didn't need songs or a stereo at all. Perhaps all it takes is a
really cool teacher and his rapping to get us going (even if 'us' includes
VERY few people- but hey, you can't have it ALL, right?)
I've learnt a really important lesson-you can't set too much store by
just one night. Why? Well, simply because things have a way of not working
out every now and then. I think that the smart thing to do (and I say this
at the risk of sounding extremely patronizing) is to find a little
excitement in each day- max out the highs and ride through the lows. So
that's my New Year resolution this time (no matter HOW clichéd it sounds)-
I'm gonna live today like it's my last day. I'll let you know soon enough
how this new experiment works out.

No comments: